Looking to explore outdoor sports in Florida? Let this article help you discover what should be on your bucket list.
Florida is such a beautiful state to visit, most times when you hear Florida you either think of Disneyland or the magnificent beaches, but Florida has so much more than just those things to offer. Join us as we take a look at the top 10 most sought after outdoor sports and fun things to do in Florida.
Top 10 Outdoor Sports in Florida
10. Beach Volleyball. Obviously playing beach volleyball would be on any outdoor sports list. What is more fun than getting a few friends together in bathing suits and bare feet and challenge them to a friendly game of beach volleyball. Afterwards cool off with a dip in the beautiful warm waters of the ocean.
9. Scuba Diving. Florida has more than a thousand miles of coastline. The enormous variety in marine habitats and types of dive sites has made Florida one of the most popular dive destinations for divers around the globe for decades.
8. Horseback Riding. Imagine riding horseback on historic trails through unspoiled Florida for riders with varying levels of experience. Horses are personally matched to each individual’s personality and level of riding experience.
7. Deep Sea Fishing. Deep sea fishing is a form of angling that requires deep waters and usually takes place far away from land. The water depth should be at least 100 feet to be considered deep sea fishing territory. Florida has ideal deep sea fishing gulf locations in the world.
6. Air Boat Rides. Take an air boat ride through the everglades and be on the hunt for wild alligators and crocodiles. See them swimming carefree through the waters or lounging on the shore taking in the sun.
5. Kayaking. Florida has more than 1,000 miles of coastline and 1,700 miles of rivers, streams and creeks. Many were formed by Florida’s more than 700 natural springs. Florida is a paddling paradise and how better to appreciate Florida’s natural beauty than at eye level from a kayak or canoe!
4. Golfing. Are you a golf lover? There are plenty of greens waiting for you to play on, depending on where you are located in Florida there is a course just for you. Hit the greens 365 days a year, if you’re so inclined. That’s only one advantage Florida has over most other golf destinations in the U.S.
3. Parasailing. Go parasailing, fly high above the ocean as a boat pulls you through the air, you can have the freedom of flying with the security of being tethered to a boat. It is one of the most exciting ocean activities and outdoor sports available.
2. Skydiving. Skydiving is one of the best outdoor sports that involves a skydiver jumping down from an airplane while it is flying and parachuting to the ground. Skydiving can be done individually and with other people. It’s an epic way to see Florida’s stunning coastline from high above.
1. Powered Hang Gliding. We might be a little prejudice on this one…Really push your comfort zone and book a powered hang gliding flight. See the state of Florida from a bird’s eye point of view. Without a doubt, it is the number one on the list for outdoor sports in Florida.
No matter what you decide to do while visiting Florida you are sure to have a good time with these outdoor sports. Florida typically has beautiful weather that is warm and not too rainy. See the sights, take lots of pictures and above all else enjoy your time in this wonderful state filled with fun, adventure, and above all beauty.