Amelia River Cruises
Are you planning a trip to Amelia Island, than you have to make sure to book a tour on the Amelia River Cruises.
Set sail on this sightseeing cruise where your tour guide will be telling you about the rich history. You will begin your tour at Fernandina’s Historic waterfront and travel along the shoreline. As you sail lazily down the river you will hear about the history of the island and have a chance to gaze upon the wild horses on Cumberland Island, Georgia.
The fun doesn’t stop there though, oh no, continue sailing and experience the salt marshes, wilderness beaches and more historic river banks as you drift down the river on the large charter soaking in the sights and sun. Out of all the cruises you can take while here, the Amelia River Cruises are the best according to visitors.
Options from Amelia River Cruises:
- Beach Creek Tour – an afternoon tour that will take you on a historic trip through nature, you will sail up Beach Creek and have the opportunity to see the salt marshes and bird life of the area. You will see the Dungeness Mansion up close while on this tour as well.
- Cumberland Island Tour – This is one of the most popular Amelia River Cruise tours, you will travel by Fernandina’s shrimp boats, the historic Old Towne and Ft. Clinch where you will learn about all the rich history of the area. Then travel further down and see the wild horses of Cumberland Island.
- Family Friendly Sunset Cruise – A perfect cruise for the entire family, you can enjoy the Florida sunset and hear a shortened version of the history of the area.
- Adult Twilight “BYOB” Cruise – The sunset cruise for adults is another favorite cruise, it is one of the finest ways to end your day. Take in the breathtaking view on the Cumberland Sound as you sail casually down the river. The local musicians will play music that will please your ears as you sip your drinks.
- Eco Shrimping Tour – Head down the St. Mary’s River Basin and learn all about shrimping. Watch as the nets are thrown out and brought back in, the catch will be displayed in the on-board aquarium for all to view. The kids will enjoy trying to identify the creatures and watch as they are all released back into the wild.
Amelia River Cruises
1 North Front Street
Historic Fernandina Beach, Florida